A Leading Australian University
The University had intended to move to a shared services model for student related non-academic support services: marketing, student recruitment, admissions and student administration (enrolment to graduation).
The driver for the new model was the need for greater transparency, consistency and quality of service delivery, plus the removal of unnecessary duplication of services across the University.
Implementation activities undertaken by the University over the initial two years had encountered a number of issues and they were struggling to fully design and implement the new model.
How Lilyfield Partners helped
Lilyfield Partners carried out a rapid review of the design and implementation activities to establish new operating models for:
- Student recruitment and admissions
- Student administration services
Delivered transition of marketing, student recruitment and admissions functions into a new shared services model. Designed and executed a new approach for defining the target operating model for the delivery of student administration services. Provided overall leadership for the program over a period of two years.
The program delivered immediate results, in less than six months, in an organisational culture highly resistant to change:
- Successfully completed transition of the full marketing function into a new university wide organisation
- Achieved consolidation and transition of the student recruitment and admissions function into the new operating model. This was delivered during the peak recruitment and admissions period for the University and was able to deliver higher student enrolment numbers
- Identified immediate cost savings in excess of $1M within the first six weeks of starting the engagement
Within the first year the program also developed a target operating model and high-level roadmap for student administration services, which was strongly supported by and signed off by the University senior executive group.
This new operating model was subsequently delivered within the expected timeframes and provided the foundations for the final implementation activities.